This document is an electronic record in terms of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and Rules there under pertaining to electronic records as applicable and amended from time to time. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE WEBSITE /APP. ACCESSING, BROWSING OR OTHERWISE USING THE WEBSITE /APP, IMPLIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY ALL THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ("Agreement").
- Acknowledgments and acceptance of Terms of Service
- Matrimony.com Limited, CIN L63090TN2001PLC047432, a company registered under the Companies Act, 2013, having its registered office at No 94, Beliciaa Towers, Tower II, 5th Floor, MRC Nagar, Raja Annamalaipuram, Chennai 600 028, hereinafter referred to as MCL / The Company, owns the Website / App and any subdomains, are provided to you under the terms and conditions of this Mandap.com Terms of Service ("Terms of Service"), and any operating rules or policies that may be published by Mandap.com at the URL: www.mandap.com.
- The Terms of Service comprises the entire agreement between you and MCL and supersedes all prior agreements between the parties regarding the subject matter contained herein. BY COMPLETING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, OR USING Website / App, USER AGREES TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS HEREIN. You may continue to use Website / App as long as you adhere to these Terms of Service.
- Services void where prohibited
- Use of the Services is void where prohibited. By using this service, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by all the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement.
- You are required to register with Website / App if you want to view/shortlist/review wedding service providers listed in Website / App and / or, write a review, create profile, gift recipients, create and access your reminders, and view and edit your profile. To register with Website/App, you must supply a valid mobile number / email address, which will be used as a unique identifier for your account, and a password. By registering on the Website / App, you confirm that the mobile number submitted by you for verification / registration or alternative number if any provided, is not registered with the Do Not Disturb / National Customer Preference Register and you shall not initiate any complaint. You further confirm that even if you are registered with the telecom service provider under the category Do Not Disturb / National Customer Preference Register the calls from Mandap.com either to the verified mobile number or alternative number if any provided shall not be treated as promotional calls. By using Website / App, you hereby consent to receive communication including promotional communications through any medium of communications such as electronic mails, calls, SMS or through Whatsapp messages from MCL or other portals owned by MCL or its alliance partners or service providers.
- Description of service
- Mandap.com provides users with a list of wedding service providers such as wedding photographers, wedding decorators, wedding caterers, bridal makeup artists, mehndi artist, wedding jewellers, honeymoon packages, gifts, wedding pundits, DJS, wedding car, wedding venues, etc., based on geographical location and several other parameters including price range. Website / App is a one-point solution for arranging all the wedding related services. Website / App also provide the facility of creating wedding website to couple along with a complete information about the wedding service and wedding related products facilitators like banquets, catering etc a complete advertising model. You acknowledge that Website / App is a platform wherein the vendors list their product and services and as such MCL / Mandap.com does not verify the authenticity of vendors or confirm any statement or details provided by any of the vendors/service providers listed in Website / App and it is for the user to verify the credentials of the service provider and then finalize the deal with them. Under any circumstances, MCL shall not be responsible for any service or goods assured to be delivered by the Vendor registered in our Website or App.
Limitation of liability
- You are aware that Website / App is an Intermediary under the Information Technology Act, 2000 and its Rules thereon. By using Website / App, you agree and understand you may interact with third party service providers / vendors for availing services, that may result in loss or damage, either as a result of negligence or because of other reasons. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, to the fullest extent allowed by law, you agree to waive and discharge all claims, release MCL / Mandap.com from all liability and indemnify and hold harmless MCL / Mandap.com its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, from any and all liability on account of, or in any way resulting from injuries and damages in any way connected with any products/service purchased from third party vendors / service providers by way of using the website. You agree and understand and intend that this assumption of risk and release of MCL is binding upon you and your heirs, executors, agents, administrators and assigns, and includes any minors accompanying user at the events.
- MCL / Mandap.com shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, including but not limited to damages for loss of profits, use, data or other intangibles, even if Mandap.com has been advised of the possibility of such damages, resulting from the (i) use or the inability to use the service; (ii) cost of procurement of substitute goods and services; (iii) any goods or services purchased or obtained or content received or transactions entered into with Mandap.com or the wedding service providers listed in Mandap.com or a third party through the use of the Mandap.com service; (iv) or unauthorized access to your account or alteration of your account or data. You specifically agree that MCL / Mandap.com is not responsible or liable to you or anyone else for any unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable conduct or speech of any other party on or through the Mandap.com service, or for any infringement or violation of your rights by any other party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, or rights of privacy. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages; therefore some of the above limitations may not apply to some users.
- Grievance Cell
- In the event you come across any violation by another user including but not limited to having content in the web site that is obscene, menacing, grossly offensive, harming minors, infringing copyright, patents, etc., or another user is impersonating etc. you may then please be free to provide your concerns in writing or email us with digital signature to:
Grievance Officer: Mr. Gurusamy B
Contact Address: M/s. Matrimony.com Limited,
No.94, TVH Beliciaa Towers, Tower-2,
5th Floor, MRC Nagar,
Chennai – 600 028
Tamil Nadu, India.
- The Grievance office shall be available between 10 am till 6 pm Indian Standard Time from Monday to Saturday excluding Sunday and public holidays in India. The Grievance officer is appointed as per Rule 3 (2) of the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules, 2021. Any and all complaints to the Grievance Officer shall be in writing.
- The Grievance Officer shall handle complaints in relation to the following violation by the User of computer resource as the User is not entitled to host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, store, update or share any information on the Website/App that –
- belongs to another person and to which the user does not have any right;
- is obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, invasive of another's privacy including bodily privacy, insulting or harassing on the basis of gender, racially or ethnically objectionable, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or promoting enmity between different groups on the grounds of religion or caste with the intent to incite violence;
- is harmful to child;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
- deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of the message or knowingly and intentionally communicates any misinformation or information which is patently false and untrue or misleading in nature;
- impersonates another person;
- threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign States, or public order, or causes incitement to the commission of any cognisable offence, or prevents investigation of any offence, or is insulting other nation;
- contains software virus or any other computer code, file or program designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
- violates any law for the time being in force.
- No "SPAMMING"
- You must not use any feature of the Website / App service for chain letters, junk mail, or "Spamming" nor make any use of the distribution lists in a manner involving any person who has not given specific permission to be included in such a process. An email advertisement which is (a) addressed to a recipient with whom you do not have an existing business or personal relationship and (b) is not sent at the request of or with the express consent of the recipient to receive such communications from you ("Spam" or "Spamming") is strictly prohibited by Website / App. If you use any feature of the Website / App service for the purpose of sending Spam, MCL reserves the right to immediately terminate your access to the Website / App service and to seek appropriate legal recourse as necessary. If you believe that other users are using the Website / App service for spam, please notify MCL using the Report Abuse form that is available by clicking the "Report Abuse" link under a user's product review.
- You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify Mandap.com immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security known to you. You must promptly inform Mandap.com of actual or apparent breaches of security, such as loss, theft, or authorized disclosure or use of a user account or password. Until is notified of a breach in security, you will remain liable for any unauthorized use of the Mandap.com Service through your account. In consideration for using the Mandap.com Service, you agree to: (1) provide certain current, complete, and accurate information about you when prompted to do so by the Service, and (2) maintain and update this information as required to keep it current, complete and accurate. If any information provided by you during your original registration is inaccurate, Mandap.com reserves the right to terminate your account immediately and your right to use the Mandap.com Service.
- No resale or commercial use, abuse of the service
- Your right to use the Mandap.com Service is personal to you. You agree not to resell or make any commercial use of the Mandap.com Service without the express consent of Mandap.com. You may not create bots or other computer generated automatic tools to abuse the Mandap.com Service in any manner. Such use shall constitute abuse and the decision of MCL shall be final and binding on the parties with respect to any abuse. Mandap.com reserves the right to terminate your account if Mandap.com determines you have violated any of the terms and conditions, particularly abuse or misuse of service.
- User conduct
- Mandap.com reserves the right, but does not assume the responsibility, to monitor or review your conduct on the Mandap.com Site. Your use of the Mandap.com Service is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. In using the Mandap.com Service you agree not to:
- Use the Mandap.com Service for illegal purposes Interfere or disrupt networks connected to the Mandap.com Service or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks Use the Mandap.com Service in connection with chain letters, junk mail, surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, or use any distribution lists including any person who has not given specific permission to be included in such a process (commercial or otherwise) Harvest or otherwise collect information about other users, including e-mail addresses, without their consent Transmit through the Mandap.com Service any unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature Invade another's privacy or violate rights of publicity or intellectual property rights (including but not limited to copyright, trademark and patent rights) while using the Mandap.com Service Transmit through the Mandap.com Service any material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation Interfere with another User's use and enjoyment of the Mandap.com Service Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of any other user Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others as to your identity or the origin of a message Use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity that is not a user of the Mandap.com Service any directory of Mandap.com users or usage information or any portion thereof other than in the context of your use of the Service as permitted under these Terms of Service Transmit or upload any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, or any other harmful or deleterious programs Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service, through password mining or any other means; or Engage in any other conduct which, in MCL / Mandap.com’s sole discretion, is considered inappropriate, unauthorized or objectionable. of Service
- You agree to indemnify and hold MCL, its parent, subsidiary, affiliate, officers, employees, agents, directors, successors and assigns harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Mandap.com Service, the violation of these Terms of Service by you, the infringement by you (or other user of the Service using your account) of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity or violation of any federal, state or local law or regulation.
- You may terminate your participation in the Mandap.com service with or without cause at any time and effective immediately. Mandap.com may terminate the Mandap.com service or your use of the service with or without cause at any time and effective immediately, at Mandap.com’s sole discretion, by immediate termination of your use of the Mandap.com service should your conduct fail to conform to the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service. Mandap.com shall not be liable to you or any third party for termination of the Mandap.com Service or termination of your use of the Mandap.com Service. Should you object to any terms and conditions of the Terms of service or any subsequent modifications Mandap.com makes to the Terms of Service or become dissatisfied with the Mandap.com service in any way, your only recourse is to immediately: (1) discontinue use of the Mandap.com service; and (2) notify Mandap.com of your termination and, at your discretion, notify Mandap.com of the reasons for your termination. Upon termination of your use of the Mandap.com Service, your right to use the Mandap.com Service shall cease immediately. You shall have no right and Mandap.com will have no obligation thereafter to forward any unread or unsent messages to your or any third party on your behalf.
- Transactions with third party organizations or individuals
- MCL / Mandap.com shall not be liable for your interactions with any vendors, merchants, retailers and/or individuals found on or through the Website / App. This includes, but is not limited to, payment and delivery of goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings. These dealings are solely between you and such merchants, retailers and/or individuals. MCL / Mandap.com is under no obligation to become involved in disputes between participants on the Mandap.com Service, or between participants on the Mandap.com Service and any third party.
- Links to third party sites
- Any web sites that are accessible via links included within the Mandap.com Service that take you out of the Mandap.com Service are not under Mandap.com control and Mandap.com shall not be responsible for the content, products or services of any linked website. All such websites shall be subject to the policies and procedures of the owner of such websites. We encourage you to read those policies and know your rights under any web site you visit.
- Violation of terms by other users
- Mandap.com asks that you participate in ensuring that all users follow the terms of usage by reporting any user reviews or other postings or messages that violate these terms. To report a violation of these Terms of Service, please email us at or click on the Report Abuse link under user reviews.
- Disclaimer of warranties
- You expressly agree that your use of the Website / App is at your sole risk. The Mandap.com service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Mandap.com expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Mandap.com makes no warranty that its service will meet your requirements, or that its service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free. Mandap.com makes no warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the service or as to the accuracy or reliability of any information obtained through the service or that defects in the software will be corrected. You acknowledge that Mandap.com does not control content, information, products or services offered by advertisers, third parties or other users on or through the service, including but not limited to information, products, or services provided by license to Mandap.com from third parties or content provided by other users. Mandap.com assumes no responsibility for and makes no warranty or representation as to the accuracy, currency, completeness, reliability, usefulness or decency of content or products distributed or made available by third parties (including but not limited to advertisers and users) through the Mandap.com service. You will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from your attempt to download any material from the Mandap.com service. Mandap.com makes no warranty regarding any goods or services purchased or obtained through its service or any transactions entered into through its service. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Mandap.com or through the Mandap.com service shall create any warranty not expressly made herein. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, therefore some of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
- Modifications to the service and to terms of service
- MCL reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Website / App service with or without notice to you. MCL / Mandap.com shall not be liable to you if Mandap.com modifies or discontinues its service. Mandap.com may change the terms and conditions of the Terms of service at any time in its sole discretion. In the event of any material or substantial change in the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service, Mandap.com may notify you via e-mail, and/or by posting an announcement of the changes together with a link to the new Terms of Service on the Mandap.com Service. By using the Mandap.com Service after any change in the Terms of Service you acknowledge and accept changes to the Terms of Service
- Governing Law: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with laws of India.
- Dispute Resolution: Any dispute, claim or controversy arising under or relating to the Agreement shall be resolved by Sole Arbitrator appointed by MCL and the arbitration proceedings shall be in accordance with the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 (as may be amended from time to time). The seat and venue of such arbitration shall be in Chennai. The language of the arbitration shall be English. Any arbitration award by the arbitral tribunal shall be ﬁnal and binding upon the Parties.
- Jurisdiction: The Parties hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Chennai.